In searching for a specific Neil Gaiman quote, I found this:

“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”
Holy shit guys. 
It is perfect.
I mean, I've heard it before... but it's My New Year! I'm loving this year so far. Twenty-five rocks my socks. I mean, sure the floor hasn't been mopped in like a month and the filter in the vacuum is so filthy it's been rendered completely ineffectual and I have spent more than a couple hours completely paralyzed by the dreadful feeling that the world is slowly ending, falling down all around me and there's absolutely nothing I can do to stop it and it's also quite possible I've only remembered to put deodorant on twice since I turned 25...
I digress.
As usual. There was a point in there somewhere.
My original point (before discovering this amazingly appropriate Neil Gaiman quote) was that I shall be writing this year. Possibly switching between this blog and a novel I started two years ago. Because my goal is to finish that beast by my twenty-sixth birthday... well finish writing it anyway. No promises on editing 
And no promises that it'll be worth reading. But it will be done. Written as only I can write. 
And I will surprise myself. 
Because I'm awesome.

I <3 this quote so much I made a little poster to put above my goals for the year while M was practicing her letters this afternoon. Yes, I hang things on my walls with painters tape and pushpins. Stop judging me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Gadget #4

 

Gadget #1

Gadget #2

Gadget #3